Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bookplates and Seed Catalog

I've posted about this wonderful collection before but it's so huge that I enjoy returning to it.
Women Working, 1800 - 1930 focuses on the women's role in the United States economy and provides access to digitized historical, manuscript, and image resources selected from Harvard University's library and museum collections. The collection features approximately
500,000 digitized pages and images including:
* 7,500 pages of manuscripts
* 3,500 books and pamphlets
* 1,200 photographs

This is for fellow bookplate lover, Cin
Women designers of book-plates.
Stone, Wilbur Macey. New York: Published for the Triptych by R.R. Beam, 1902. [91 pages.]
The Bookplates start with sequence #23.

Flower seeds from Miss C.H. Lippincott,
319 & 323, Sixth St. S., Minneapolis, Minn.
[Minneapolis, Minn.: C.H. Lippincott, 1898] [52 pages.]

Then for your amusement...Be happy you aren't married to this Mere Man.
The Domestic Blunders of Women
Mere Man. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1900. [210 pages.]


Also there is a printable Women Working 2006/1893 calendar.
The link to the 7.6 MB PDF
is on the sidebar of the front page.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    hey, sorry I don't post a comment enough here... I just love your blogg. So I shall be more chatty in future so you keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 PM

    These are all great! Just the table of contents of that book crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:50 AM

    Thank you for the link to the Harvard diaries, and the neat calendar. Love what you do here, thanks for putting so much work into it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Wow -- the Frankie Files are amazing (as is this blog -- just discovered you through Angry Chicken. Where do expired patent drawings come from? I've never seen or heard of such things. Really interesting -- thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia,
    I'm so glad you like the Frankie Files. It really is my favorite project though I don't get enough time to fool around browsing the US Patent office website.
    http://www.uspto.gov/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meggiecat!

    many many thanks for the bookplate link, you know I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Hi Meggiecat,

    Thank you so much for posting the link to these files. I just love to browse through old needlework books. I even sent a message to Sharon Boggon to let her know about the needlework books and mentioned it actually came from you. I'm sorry I didn't thank you before but the weekend caught me in the swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Omgoodness! The Domestic Blunders of Women.... Thanks for the link, and the laugh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.