Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vintage Angel Cookie Ornaments

These adorable angels are from a McCall's Jiffy Tree Trimmings from sometime in the 70's. The cool things about these are that they are all made from one set of circle cutters, one set scalloped circle cutters and one scalloped star. The white frosting is painted on with a pastry brush. The colored "paint" is liquid food coloring that's been allowed to dry and then touched with a wet brush just like watercolor paint. The recipes are included. Click on the pictures for a larger version and then save to your own hard drive before printing.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:06 PM

    they are so cute
    thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your site. Very neat, lots of cute ideas! Thanks. I posted a link to your site on my blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 PM

    These are REALLY neat ornaments! Now I'm hungry and want to bite the head off of some angels - is that bad? LOL. These also got me thinking of the "stained glass" ornaments we made as kids using Life Savers - do you remember making those?
    I dug up some very old ornament and Christmas decoration ideas - I invite you to check them out on my site. I will be sending some of my readers over here to check out all of the great things you have posted! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.