Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gram's Embroidery Transfer

This clover pattern belonged to my paternal grandmother. It's an unused Alice Brooks transfer that I'm guessing it's from the early 50's. I don't think I've seen it shared online before.

You may notice that I've watermarked (my first try) these patterns. Thanks to a mention on whip-up by boogaj I figured out how to do this. These patterns are free for your personal use only.
I'm sorry that I even have to say it.

I picked and scanned this clover for a color guide.
Click on the motifs for high resolution, 100% patterns. The watermark is light enough that the patterns are still usable but anyone who wants to swipe and sell them will have to do some work themselves. Not that I think people are beating a path to take these designs ;-) It's a precaution; once burned and all my own fault.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 AM

    Thank you! These transfer designs
    are lovely!
    Kitschkittie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    I think that embroidery is one of the best summer projects- easy to carry, fast to pick up, and oh so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful vintage embroidery patterns. It's a shame that you have to watermark your items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting these! I even love the watermark--it will remind me that they came from Meggiecat! (I have a daughter who spells her nickname Megi.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, what if I want a pattern of the watermark!!!?

    I haven't been here in a while, afraid you were still feeling badly--DELIGHTED to see all the posts!!

    May each day bring you still greater joy and well beingas you do us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Hi, I just found your website and think it is great! I love your designs. Thank you. Purrs
    MeowBG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work love vintage embroidery thanks alot for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drat, my printer is out of ink. Thanks for sharing these, they are lovely. I love to have a portable project to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your patterns. I think I am in a similar situation with inherited quilt patterns. Would love talk to you directly via email.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ceeszee6:22 AM

    Wow! Thank you for a warm memory. When my sister got married (am outdoor, country wedding) in the mid-70's, I made a chambray shirt for my husband to wear to the wedding and embroidered it front and back with this pattern, which I had bought at a crafts store. It was an easy project and finished up so beautifully! I just stumbled across your site and this struck a happy note. Love your site.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.