Thursday, October 30, 2014

Vintage 1941 Christmas Stencils

These are Workbasket designs for cards and wrapping paper. The only reason I think they are from 1941 is that there is a page from the Pennsylvania Farmer in the original envelope. I think they would be great for windows too. Click the pics for larger versions.

This little deer is so cute but the spots on the rump are a problem to cut into a stencil. I think freehanding them is best, even finger prints could work.

Nice tree. Love the bow detail.

This next one is my favorite. Those birds are great.

scanned by meggiecat

5 comments:

  1. These are lovely!! We used to stencil images like this on the window over the holidays ... we used some pink stuff to make it work. And we used food coloring to color the pink stuff for colors.

    Delightful!
    ~ Diane Clancy
    www.DianeClancy.com/blog
    www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit of a sucher for simple trees, so I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable !... ils sont vraiment mignons... merci de les partager avec nous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kathleen, that's all I want. I'm a Kathleen too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.